Saturday, June 4, 2011

Dirty Dash 2011

Today Erik & Dusti, Jay and some of his CRNA classmates participated in the 5K Dirty Dash in Midway, UT (I would have joined in the fun as well, but yep, you guessed it, I hurt my foot remember?).  What a fun event it was.

We woke up early this morning, packed up the kids and some treats and made the hour+ drive to Midway (which was gorgeous btw).  When we arrived at Soldier Hollow Park we could see the obstacle course and water slides in the distance and were super excited to be a part of it!  I laid a blanket out for the kiddos and me directly across from the finish line so that we would have the perfect view.  We were also joined by cute, little Mason Moore (Stephanie's 1 year boy).  The race began at 10 and by 1040 I was searching for the group at the finish line.  When they arrived they were slathered in mud, hardly recognizable.  It was great!! At this point I was a little relieved to have my foot injury to be excused from this madness.  It was much better staying clean and getting a front row seat than being covered in filth!  Time to hit the showers. What a wonderful memory of our time here in Utah!

No comments:

Post a Comment