Monday, March 7, 2011

How did I get so lucky?

I don't know why I am blessed with such a wonderful life but my heart is so full at this moment.  I have so much to be thankful for.  I was born into such a kind and loving home.  To two wonderful and sweet parents that gave me the world.  Although, along the lines of earthly possessions, we didn't have much, our home was filled with laughter, happiness and all the riches a child could ask for.  My childhood was magical.  Now, I am living that dream.  I am married to a kind and caring husband who gives his all for me and for Hannah and Isaac.  He is our hero!  My children are healthy, kind and perfect.  We have it all . . . so how did I get so lucky?  I thank my Heavenly Father many times a day for the blessing that is my life.  And although my life has had its share of high ups and incredibly low lows, I feel blessed for every moment that I have lived and for the wonderful people that I have shared and am sharing it with.  Tonight (as it is routine, every night), my heart  is so incredibly full after putting my children to bed.  Holding Hannah's wiggly hand in the darkness, feeling Isaac's hand on my belly . . . I could not ask for anything more. . . knowing they are safe and comfortable. . . then finally hearing their breaths become slower and deeper as they drift off into their sweet dreams.  What an amazing time in my life!  I am so lucky.

No comments:

Post a Comment