Tuesday, March 8, 2011

SNOW!!

Okay, so earlier in the day yesterday it was relatively warm (high in the 40s).   The sky was partly cloudy with a few sprinkles here and there.  My children were wearing open-toed sandals as we went to run our few errands.  The weather was tolerable.  Well. . .  don't get too comfortable . . . evening was a completely different story.  In an instant, the sprinkling we experienced throughout the day, turned into heavy sheets of snow.  So much for wanting to take the kids to the McDonalds playland tonight to run off some energy.  It was a complete white-out by 5:30pm.


This morning I woke up to a foot of snow outside.  A FOOT!  The poor husband had to get up way early to plow the snow (poor guy) then has had to spend a long day at school.   This California girl is not used to this kind of craziness!  YUCK!  I am so over it!  Yeah, it is kinda pretty, blah, blah, blah, if you can just sit inside and enjoy it, but I've got a life to live, places to go, people to see.  ENOUGH already!!  Can you tell I am not a huge fan of the white stuff?  And talk about dangerous!!  I get worried sick if my hubby has to drive home in this stuff.   Luckily, the sun is shining today and the roads are clear, but I am sooooooo ready for WARMTH and SUNSHINE, SANDALS and SHORTS!!  Needless to say, the kids are in winter boots today (no open-toed sandals for these little Tongans).  Summer, where are you?

No comments:

Post a Comment